Friday, February 01, 2008

"Oh the weather outside is frightful..."





"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful..." I guess the scene on the left is the calm after the storm and I'd like to concentrate on that, instead of what I'm seeing out my window today. (Cheshire Cat Grin) Schools, universities and colleges closed, businesses closed too. The man on the local radio station is saying, "if you don't have to venture out, then don't!" Frankly, I'm glad. With or without the weather forecast, it definitely feels like a looking/staying in day, rather than the opposite. So - "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

I've been doing a number of things as of late - photographing my knitware (which I'll post in the next update here), doing some astrology charts and spiritual readings for people, and of course, as a singer, I'm always thinking of music and singing (thus, a song title for today's update). Soon, I hope to put links to my own singing here so you can listen if you feel so inspired. ;)

So, in a nut shell, I'm feeling kinda "Mercury Retrograde" today, which is par for the course considering my Virgo-ness is usually influenced by these celestial flows. If you have a Virgo or similiarly, a Gemini sun, Mercury retrogrades may well have a bit of a slowing down effect on your life. As I write more in this blog, my intention is to give a weekly look at the astrology of the week as well as promoting some other astrologers and artists. You've been really patient with me since I started writing (a year and a half ago!), so I'm determined to make this a successful blog and perhaps eventually turn it into a podcast as well.

I hope you like the music that I've included for the blog. The title is called "Blowing Snow" and it's by Marco Raaphorst, a composer and sound designer who lives in the Netherlands. Here's a link to his site: http://melodiefabriek.nl/ Thank you for letting us enjoy your music, Marco!

Enjoy, Everyone! Just click on the "boomp3.com" link below to hear it...

2 comments:

Tamurile said...

Perfect start and well worth waiting for - it is truly the wisest among us who wait before they speak :)

Marco Raaphorst said...

Thank you Marie for the kind words.